Hair Health and Your Confidence
Hair health practices lead to coveted lustrous and healthy hair. When you have a healthy head of hair it becomes a confidence booster and when you style it neatly, it makes you stand out and look well put together. This is the reason why healthy hair is one of your best style accessories. Whether your hair is long or short, natural or relaxed, locked or color-treated, the goal is to always have healthy hair.
Caring for Healthy Hair
Your hair care is affected by the hair products and hair treatments you use regularly. These are instrumental in achieving and maintaining healthy hair. However, other factors contribute to your hair health and can cause problems if care is not taken. These include:
- Poor hair and scalp hygiene i.e. not washing your hair and scalp to keep them clean at all times.
- Using harsh products without proper mitigating care e.g. applying chemical relaxers, chemical hair dyes, thick hair gels, etc.
- Harsh hair styling e.g. wearing tight braids, corn rows, and weaves, braiding and weaving hair for lengthy periods of time, etc.
- Poor use of hair tools e.g. combs, hair ties, hair clips, heat dryers, hair rollers, etc.
These practices can gradually cause hair breakage, hair loss, damaged scalp, thinning edges, constant hair frizz, and many other hair issues. In addition, there are many other factors that are beyond your control that also affect your hair and its health. These factors include:
- Hormonal changes
- State of your overall health and sometimes age.
How Hair Growth Oils Benefit Hair Health
Today we’ll focus on the best hair product you can use on your hair and scalp, hair growth oils. Hair oils by far outsmart other hair products because they can be used directly on the scalp and hair, and they can be used in different ways or hair treatments to enhance the health of your hair and scalp. Therefore using the best hair growth oil places you in a good position when it comes to your hair goals. What are the benefits of using hair oils?
- Help to stimulate hair growth, you can use them to grow fuller and thicker hair.
- Promote length retention if you like growing long hair. They moisturize hair strands and minimize breakage.
- Moisturize and seal your hair to keep it hydrated, this helps your natural curl pattern look even better.
- Moisturize and condition your scalp and keep dandruff and scalp issues at bay.
- Lubricate your hair strands which helps to minimize friction and reduces hair breakage, knots, and tangles.
- Stimulate hair growth.
- Repair hair and scalp damage.
- Add luster and shine to your hair.
- Conditions and softens your hair to improve manageability.
- Overall some of the best sources of hair nourishment such as vitamins A and E, proteins, and antioxidants.
Promote Hair Health with Simple Everyday Hair Care Practices
Hair health starts with a healthy scalp that’s free from dandruff, dryness, open wounds, etc. When there is an overgrowth of microbes on the scalp which is a result of poor hygiene, it is almost impossible to have healthy hair growth. This can lead to deterioration of scalp health, stunted hair growth, hair thinning, and excessive hair breakage.
Another issue that signals unhealthy hair is hair strand dryness which is caused by poor moisturization. This leads to excessive hair breakage, hair fall, and hair loss. The result is that you experience hair that is uneven in length and hair thinning. Dryness in hair is commonly caused by hair treatments such as relaxers, heat (blow drying and straightening), color or hair dye application, keratin treatment, etc. Natural hair e.g. kinky and coily textured hair also tends to be dry. These issues can all be reversed by the use of correct hair products that address hair dryness, and hair oils are one of the best products that can help to reverse this problem.